Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas! Why So Politically Correct?

"Well, happy holidays to you too I guess," I said to a very politically correct individual who happened to be a devout Christian. But before she left, I asked her; "I thought you were a churchgoer, so, why aren't you wishing the Merry Christmas?" You know what she told me - she told me that she didn't want to offend me in case I might be Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, or in case I was celebrating Kwanzaa.

That's ridiculous, and even if I was Jewish I wouldn't care if you wished me a Merry Christmas, and I have Jewish friends who wish me Happy Hanukkah, sounds good to me, it's a positive thing their wishing me, something positive.

Nevertheless, the gal told me that she doesn't know what to say anymore, and she doesn't want to be offensive, or get arrested for hate speech, or cause a conflict or problem with any of her friends, and therefore, she just wishes everyone a happy holiday, and when she sends out Christmas Cards now; they say "Happy holidays" not Merry Christmas.

Sure, I understand where all this is coming from, but the reality is that we are training our population to be so politically correct and now we have everyone is running around lying to each other, pretending, and they don't even believe what they're saying.

May I ask? Where is the humanity in that? If everyone is forced to run around and pretend, so no one is offended, then the only people who will ever be offended, are the folks that are smart enough to realize what a joke our society is, and is becoming.

Therefore, if we run around doing everything politically correct, we are also offending the high IQ people. And yes, I know they are in the minority (by a long shot), but we aren't supposed to offend minorities, and yet by being politically correct we are. So next time someone tells you, you can't say Merry Christmas, look them straight in the eyes and wish they Merry Christmas anyway. Please consider all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment